View Single Post
Old 14-12-06, 01:40 PM   #24
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

At least I can count on you to understand the difference between secrecy an privacy, but what's the difference between a soldier and a plumber? The plumber has the option to turn the job down and go fix someone else's sink instead. By definition, people without free agency are incapable of serving their own agendas unless their handlers happen to have the same agendas. Your poll says that many soldiers want to leave Iraq. If the president rescinded all his orders and told the Army and Marines that they could pull out of Iraq if they wanted to, do you think they'd stay? I don't know either, but if they actually had an agenda then that's when it would surface. Until that happens—and it probably never will—all this talk about the military's agenda is hypothetical.

Why am I defending the troops from the accusation that they are totally responsible for the effects of Bush's politics? I'm looking for hypocrisy. People can't say they support the troops while criticizing their mission if they believe the troops chose this mission for themselves.

Last edited by Mazer : 14-12-06 at 01:54 PM.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote