View Single Post
Old 16-02-04, 12:45 PM   #48
Sinner
--------------------

On Labor Day weekend 1970, Kerry - then a rising star with Vietnam Veteran Against the War - teamed up with Fonda as the two headlined an ugly anti-war in rally in Valley Forge, Pa., railing against U.S. policy in Southeast Asia from the back of the same flatbed truck.

The photo shows "Hanoi Jane" listening raptly as speakers denounced American soldiers for committing "genocide" in Vietnam and accusing the U.S. of "international racism."

----Six days after a photo surfaced showing Sen. John Kerry with anti-American activist Jane Fonda, the Democratic presidential front-runner ordered his campaign to drop their attacks on President Bush's National Guard service.

"I have suggested to some people who are my advocates, who have gone [to] that line of attack -- it's not one that I plan to do, so I've asked them not to," Kerry said at Sunday night's Democratic debate in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Kerry had sounded eager just twelve days earlier to focus on charges that Bush went AWOL from an Alabama Guard unit in 1972, telling the Boston Globe, "I think it's up to the president and the military to answer those questions."