View Single Post
Old 24-08-02, 05:00 AM   #14
jaan

Quote:
Originally posted by LiteOrb
bet no-one has DL him,as he was not what you were looking for
yup, i see your point. however, the law of big numbers dictates that somebody, somewhere, is downloading johnny virgil as we speak. besides, even if people don't download you, having your name exposed to literally millions of music fans is definitely worth something, isn't it.

Quote:
plus this is just a way to get ppl used to using Altnet.
"see it not as bad as ppl make out" well we will have have to see!
sure. but that's what you're supposed to do after you've made a huge PR blunder like bde/altnet did. stick around and demonstrate that you really are OK.

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts
wonder how much they want for the word "beatles"?
well, i can definitely think of words with greater potential. though i'm not sure i want to explicitly list them here if you catch my drift...

however, on a more serious note, associating your music with keywords your potential fans are likely to use sounds to me like a great way to expand your audience. not to mention that p2p systems are in pretty much unique position to do such marketing, which will no doubt take even more effective forms as the technology matures. think of creating worldwide p2p communities based on musical taste, and using their help to spread the word about upcoming bands they are all likely to appreciate....

then again, i'm one of the programmers of altnet, so i'm obviously biased. i just honestly believe that the p2p networks have a much greater role to play in the future than being a "global harddrive", and altnet takes the first babysteps towards that role.

- jaan
jaan is offline   Reply With Quote