View Single Post
Old 28-11-06, 08:45 PM   #49
Necrodancer
Apprentice Napsterite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernarial
On Bush, yes. The fact is that he is a liar.
Well that's that then.

Quote:
I'm sure you have facts to back that statement up as well. Yeah every country thought Saddam had WMD's. *sarcasm*
"Every" might have been a reach, but certainly every country that matters on the world stage. Because I'm too lazy to Google for every single country, I'll just offer Hans Blix's 2003 report to the UN, in which he said Iraq had not complied with resolutions to both destroy their WMD stockpile and document the destruction: http://www.un.org/Depts/unmovic/Bx27.htm

Quote:
If you would do a bit of research you would find that several people in the intelligence community said that alot of the intelligence was faulty before we went to war. What about the Plame case?
Ah Joe Wilson...it seems despite being refuted and debunked by the bipartisan Senate Select Committee On Intelligence people still seem to think he has credibility.

Quote:
The fact is that it could happen. Section 213 of the USA Patriot Act. I have seen documentaries with people telling their stories of it happening. Of course the whole purpose of a sneak and peek is to not have it noticed or reported. And if you do say something you could be put in jail.
And I've seen documentaries of people saying they've seen Elvis and space aliens. Anecdotal evidence is not gospel. Also it's amazing how these poor souls you saw, supposedly, on this documentary are "saying something" in spite of your assertion that they can be "put in jail". Reckless daredevils they are.

Quote:
I was just trying to make a point. How about the East Lansing Animal Rights Movement or By Any Means Necessary (BAMN), a national advocacy group working to defend racial integration and affirmative action in education and the workplace. The point is that our government watches anyone who they think is a threat to themselves and not the nation as a whole. Non-violent people.
They also watch groups like the Aryan Nation and radical religious groups. Keeping an eye on crazy radicals is something I would hope our government would do. Remember Oklahoma City?

Quote:
How about the Pentagon Report about spying on peace activists and veterans?
That's interesting. Do you have a link to the actual "Pentagon Papers" and not some obviously biased article?

Quote:
There you go again thinking you know what I think. I never said I think they won't kill our POW's. But I thought we were supposed to be better than that and a good example to the world.
We are. If you think beheading a prisoner and having a dog bark in one's face are in any way analogous, you're either insane, retarded or both.

Quote:
Apparently you think we should act just like them.
To quote you "There you go again thinking you know what I think". I don't think we need to start beheading prisoners on live TV, strapping bombs to GI's chests and sending them into crowds or blaming the Jews for everything, I just would like to be able to get workable intel from these scumbags when we get them. Do you really think waterboarding and slaps are the same as chopping off someones head?

Quote:
And I do think terrorists are human also. Maybe misguided and overly militant. Maybe they have less value for human life than I do. But they are still human.
Just another area where you and I differ.

Quote:
Why do you think they added the immunity clause?
Now we're retreading, I already went over why. Pay attention.
Necrodancer is offline   Reply With Quote