View Single Post
Old 28-11-06, 07:35 PM   #48
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrodancer
Why bother? You clearly already have made up your mind, damn the facts man!
On Bush, yes. The fact is that he is a liar.

Quote:
Faulty intel, from all over the world, was used as justification. People seem to forget that every country on the planet thought Saddam had WMD's.
I'm sure you have facts to back that statement up as well. Yeah every country thought Saddam had WMD's. *sarcasm*
If you would do a bit of research you would find that several people in the intelligence community said that alot of the intelligence was faulty before we went to war. What about the Plame case?

Quote:
So you don't have any proof of it happening, just a hypothetical. got it.
The fact is that it could happen. Section 213 of the USA Patriot Act. I have seen documentaries with people telling their stories of it happening. Of course the whole purpose of a sneak and peek is to not have it noticed or reported. And if you do say something you could be put in jail.

Quote:
Wow, King? Nothing like 40 year old examples involving people that are either dead or no longer in the FBI to prove your point. Hey I hear cowboys killed a bunch of Injuns 150 years ago, do you really think Cowboys have changed all that much?

As for PETA, they are known supporters of ELF, the terrorist "activist" group that enjoys blowing up car dealerships, ski resorts and condos. So yeah, they deserve a little scrutiny.
I was just trying to make a point. How about the East Lansing Animal Rights Movement or By Any Means Necessary (BAMN), a national advocacy group working to defend racial integration and affirmative action in education and the workplace. The point is that our government watches anyone who they think is a threat to themselves and not the nation as a whole. Non-violent people. How about the Pentagon Report about spying on peace activists and veterans?

Quote:
First off, claiming terrorists are "human" is you first mistake. Your second is thinking they won't kill our POW's if we treat their buddies like kings in Gitmo, that's not only insane, it's borderline retarded. They were decapitating our people long before Abu Ghraib came into the news cycle.
There you go again thinking you know what I think. I never said I think they won't kill our POW's. But I thought we were supposed to be better than that and a good example to the world. Apparently you think we should act just like them. And I do think terrorists are human also. Maybe misguided and overly militant. Maybe they have less value for human life than I do. But they are still human.

Quote:
Yeah, that's exactly why.
Why do you think they added the immunity clause?
P2P Consortium
vernarial is offline   Reply With Quote