View Single Post
Old 28-11-06, 10:09 AM   #41
Necrodancer
Apprentice Napsterite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernarial
At least Necrodancer takes the time to refute my argument and maybe change my opinion.
These are in response to Necrodancers answer to my questions.

On question 1 I don't believe Bush or anything he says, but I will look into it more.
Why bother? You clearly already have made up your mind, damn the facts man!

Quote:
On question 2 I would have to disagree. Are you telling me that they didn't lie?
Faulty intel, from all over the world, was used as justification. People seem to forget that every country on the planet thought Saddam had WMD's.

Quote:
On question 3 I have heard of several instances where the "sneak and peek" tactics have been used against regular american citizens. Here is an old, but pertinent article about the subject. http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20030...0549-8745r.htm
Pretty much they can come into your house and take any info without letting anyone know. They can also get info from others concerning you(or I) and if they tell you(or I) that the government is looking up on you(or I) they can be charged and imprisoned. That is the truth. Read the Patriot Act.
So you don't have any proof of it happening, just a hypothetical. got it.

Quote:
#4. Look at the FBI screwing with Martin Luther King. Yeah, that was a long time ago, but do you really think they have changed all that much? PETA is on the list of domestic terrorists. That is People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/19/dom...ism/index.html
Wow, King? Nothing like 40 year old examples involving people that are either dead or no longer in the FBI to prove your point. Hey I hear cowboys killed a bunch of Injuns 150 years ago, do you really think Cowboys have changed all that much?

As for PETA, they are known supporters of ELF, the terrorist "activist" group that enjoys blowing up car dealerships, ski resorts and condos. So yeah, they deserve a little scrutiny.

Quote:

I agree. But we don't need to rule out the Geneva Convention. We should still treat other humans in a humane way. How we would like our brothers in arms to be treated in a war.
First off, claiming terrorists are "human" is you first mistake. Your second is thinking they won't kill our POW's if we treat their buddies like kings in Gitmo, that's not only insane, it's borderline retarded. They were decapitating our people long before Abu Ghraib came into the news cycle.

Quote:
I can see why the Europeans or any others would want to try Bush or his cronies in a court of law. You don't seriously think they added the new Torture immunity because they were worried about Europe do you? I'm sure Bush could live comfortably in Crawford for the rest of his days.
Yeah, that's exactly why.
Necrodancer is offline   Reply With Quote