View Single Post
Old 26-12-01, 06:45 PM   #3
nanook
just one of the gang...

ahhhhhh, the question of all questions.
hmmmmmmmm, kristov is right, it is very hard to describe how music fits into one's niche.
i've said it many times.........it's the music which captures my interest, if not for this..........the words would never be heard by these ears.
i think we all know i'm a techno/metal head.
they may seem like two very extreme spectrums of the music genre, but i beg to differ. they are more alike than many may actually sit and ponder.
both are very much based and driven on their drum and bass line.
both can be repetitive at times.
let's face it, most heavy music is bearly audible or comprehensible, therefore, i can say that i luv it purely for it's melodies and riffs.
when i'm listening to trance/techno, i find i can listen to a song which has no lyrics and am just as profoundly affected. these songs can be so mezmorizing that i am completely entrenched in it and am taken away to every place i would like to be. i am happy.
music is my world. without it, as kristov, says, i feel as if something is missing.
and i am always looking for new and unique roads to travel, when it comes to music.
sometimes a song can make me feel so ecstatic, that i will literally get up and dance, with myself, around my house like a damned fool.
music can make a very bad day, become one worth trudging on toward.

but, Dawn, music can be everything u have listed and much, much more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote