View Single Post
Old 26-04-02, 07:46 AM   #9
JackSpratts

harby you can go back and look at the posts concerning the last major security threat involving classic morpheus (incl. K&G) but for now let me say the crash you experienced was nothing more than your pc getting stuck processing the results of another users hard drive. it's possible in certain cases to scan a drive using more efficient methods than netstating them. when done, it often happens you hit someone with 100,000 files or more, someone with a drive exceeding 30 gigs. regular fastrack users know from past experience that the more files they share the longer the program takes to render them, and sometimes they'll quit before the job is finished. with file counts exceeding 3-4000 some users find they can't operate the program properly and have to cut back. what happened to you may be similar. so without me getting into specifics, if you'd like to check, do your search and find someone who reports having a high bandwidth with a very small gig count, ideally 0. scan and walk away. return in 15 mins or so. you should find your page fully loaded with the users' entire c drive. for successfull scanning of harddrives with higher gig counts, go out for coffee and smokes, or even a movie, say lord of the rings. but whatever you do, don't touch anything on your pc until grokster finishes loading the files! if i remember, you said you're on dial-up. if so you may have to go on vacation. tierra del fuego would be perfect.

it works. it just takes a Very - Long - Time.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote