View Single Post
Old 06-01-05, 12:03 PM   #73
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Default "We don't want the 'smoking gun' to be a mushroom cloud."

well it wasnt rumsfeld...

Quote:
In recent testy exchanges with reporters, Rumsfeld interrupted the questioners and attacked the premise of the questions if they dealt with his prewar comments about weapons of mass destruction and Americans as liberators.

For example, on Feb. 20, a month before the invasion, Rumsfeld fielded a question about whether Americans would be greeted as liberators if they invaded Iraq.

``Do you expect the invasion, if it comes, to be welcomed by the majority of the civilian population of Iraq?'' Jim Lehrer asked the defense secretary on PBS' News Hour.

``There is no question but that they would be welcomed,'' Rumsfeld replied, referring to American forces.

But on Sept. 25 -- a particularly bloody day for the forces occupying Iraq -- Rumsfeld was asked about the surging resistance.

``Before the war in Iraq, you stated the case very eloquently and you said... they would welcome us with open arms,'' Sinclair Broadcasting anchor Morris Jones said to Rumsfeld as the prelude to a question.

The defense chief quickly cut him off.

``Never said that,'' he said. ``Never did. You may remember it well, but you're thinking of somebody else. You can't find, anywhere, me saying anything like either of those two things you just said I said.''
http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjourna...7219873.htm?1c

did someone say "cakewalk war"

Quote:
March 16, the Sunday before the war began, in an interview with Tim Russert, Vice President Cheney said that Iraqis want "to get rid of Saddam Hussein and they will welcome as liberators the United States when we come to do that."
"...the vast majority of them would turn on [Saddam Hussein] in in a minute if, in fact, they thought they could do so safely."
no official line on the dancing bit...
but a hell of a lot of people got it from somewhere...

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote