View Single Post
Old 06-01-05, 09:41 AM   #66
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladd44
How cute, I see the short sightedness runs in the shallow end of the gene pool,
Oh Yeah - Your short sighted aswell? Can't be that bad could it?

Quote:
You, little bushler and albed. You typified it with your statement after the glasses comment. I never said they had no expectation of being put in harms way. But I dont think its an unreasonable expectation to hope that your life is not wasted on an ill conceived plan foisted upon an american public riveted by fear.
Wrong - it is very reasonable and their lives are not wasted, maybe you think their lives are wasted and you can have that opinion because thousands died in armed conflict to give you that right.

There is a War going on in Iraq but it is not the War being reported on CNN. ---The government understands that they will prevail, but are uncertain about how many more people will die from terrorist attacks before Baath and al Qaeda are crushed. The terrorists have allies in the foreign media, who label the terrorists as nationalistic insurgents. The media portrays the terrorists as having some kind of chance of taking over. But with 80 percent of the population (the Kurds and Shia Arabs) dead set against Baath and al Qaeda (for many reasons), and the Sunni Arabs resisting the terror as well, it's difficult to see how anyone with a sense of history, or a knowledge of basic math, can fall for that. The battle against the Iraqi terror is not being reported accurately. One reason is that the American military cannot release information then have about the enemy, as that would let the terrorists know what is known about them. This is a war of information. The terrorists depend on secrecy for protection. They must remain invisible to survive. But bit by bit, the Baath Party and al Qaeda organization has been revealed. And as it is, raids go in and take it apart. Towns and neighborhoods are cleared of terrorists and staffed with police and army bases.---

Quote:
The U.S, military planners, from the beginning, saw the situation as a classic counter-terrorist operation. The American military has been winning these kinds of wars for over a century, and the methods used then still work. The U.S. Marines, who did a lot of this in the early part of the 20th century, wrote a book about it in 1940; "The Small Wars Manual." This is still be used successfully. Vietnam was one of the few times American counter-terrorism tactics failed. Or did they? Actually, they didn't. By the early 1970s, the communist rebels in South Vietnam were crushed. What people forget was that South Vietnam fell to a conventional invasion from the north in 1975. The Baath Party and al Qaeda have no neighbor with an army ready to come in and rescue them.

This time around, American troops have better tools to collect information, identify the terrorists and quickly carry out raids. The terrorists had big advantages, in that they were Iraqi and the Iraqi population knew very well what the Baath thugs were capable of. A further complication was the attempt by the newly formed Iraqi government to negotiate deals with traditional Iraqi tribal and religious leaders. It was thought that these leaders could rally their followers to resist the terrorists. This had worked among the Kurds and Shia Arabs. There was some resistance from Shia Arab groups that wanted to establish an Islamic Republic, but these were defeated by the Summer of 2004. But many of the Sunni Arab leaders have proved unable, or unwilling, to resist the terrorism.

Quote:
In a decade we wont be having this discussion, the reality of the situation will bear out the truth. However, both of you are invited to my place to watch the "A&E Blunders in American History W Bush, volume 1-5" box set when it comes out! I will provide the beer and the weed.
In a decade we will be discussing whatever war is going on at that time, I have no interest in meeting you so keep puffing on the peace pipe while looking for some sense of reality.