View Single Post
Old 06-01-05, 05:47 AM   #63
Vladd44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
The President is short sighted? I have never seen him with glasses. Ill conceived and ill fated fools errand? Says who? You? If you join the army as a infantry soldier then you do and go where you are told as long as you are not violating any international laws which the USA is not, doesn’t what you think. I can not believe anyone would join the military thinking they will not be put in harms way at some point in their employment choice. It is not rational.
How cute, I see the short sightedness runs in the shallow end of the gene pool, You, little bushler and albed. You typified it with your statement after the glasses comment. I never said they had no expectation of being put in harms way. But I dont think its an unreasonable expectation to hope that your life is not wasted on an ill conceived plan foisted upon an american public riveted by fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Said
Well said, another rose colored glass perspective. Face reality, the elections will be a sham. Without participation from the Sunnis, there is almost no chance of any government created to stand on its own. More like the French revolution than the American Rev.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
So, first you say I am condemning all Sunni with my post and then in the same breath you do the same. HEY!! Just because some Sunnis refuse to participate in the elections doesn’t mean they all don’t, Don’t bother trying to vilify them by saying Sunnis don’t want a democracy and free elections.
The fact that I dont expect sunnis to participate in the sham elections is not a condemnation of them, it is simply an observation of reality. I wouldnt be real big on involvment in elections held by an occupying force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albed
The Sunnis are only 20% of the population of Iraq. I know of a democratic government standing on its own for a long time without the participation of over 50% of the population.

Come to think of it, in the last US election 40% of voters didn't participate, but you could just call that a sham the way you call anything whatever you want without any regard to the truth.
Vast difference between apathetic americans and a bloc of disenfranchised voters. For example, African Americans in the US account for 12% of the population, If one were to write them off it would be foolish. And quite frankly I dont think choosing to ignore them would be an option, it would be no less foolish than trying to marginalize the sunnis in iraq.

Quit being so fearful, change your underwear and enter real life.

I can only hope that Iraq ends better than I can anticipate. I have difficulty believing this is the iraq bush and co expected to have by 05. http://icasualties.org/oif/default.aspx The price of me being right is more than I want others to bear. It may be easy for you to rationalize the loss of young americans in war, but your platitudes will provide no comfort for mothers, wives, husbands, dads and their children. Supporting the military isnt waving a flag like a fucktard with a gomer pyle look on your face. Its expecting them to be used when needed, not in such a cavalier manner.

In a decade we wont be having this discussion, the reality of the situation will bear out the truth. However, both of you are invited to my place to watch the "A&E Blunders in American History W Bush, volume 1-5" box set when it comes out! I will provide the beer and the weed.

Last edited by Vladd44 : 06-01-05 at 07:19 AM.
Vladd44 is offline   Reply With Quote