View Single Post
Old 20-02-02, 04:50 AM   #8
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Brows Great Things to come?

I know Js, true I have supported Mx eversince vers 1.8? as a proggy with the most control over just about every aspect of P-2-P but it is not a progam for the casual user, more a tech-heads delight, most people I talk to about mx say one thing..."Too Techy" all them buttons, all them features...

Which is exactly what I find so usefull. I was hoping that 3.0 would have what NO other p-2-p has, and what no other client has EVER had, a SAVE SEARCH LIST to file option, for creating reference lookup files.

The usual excuse is, too risky, to convicting, too much proof of anothers share content, all these have been mentioned, but thne if that was the case, there is always the screen print, and the cut & Paste, so what the hell?

Touble is today, WinMx 3.0 is just not reliable enough to leave on and I feel sorry the downloaders when they get the boot as often happened. However I have another PC running it now, so the evaluation can continue, as wlll the constant emails to Winmx over problems.

Stopsel, I agree about the missing features, yes thats a good sign, and a trend that I hope will continue.

Current problems: No PLAY feature on uploade screen, have to use OPEN
CHATBOX: Not accepting new text once open, new text STILL opens up IM Mail flags, as if it were new mail.

Upload screen when full (completed uploads not cleared) system reports BUSY to new connect attempt..

Reload Failed Downloads: Instant total crash back to Windows
Same error report, same code location as all the other crashes.

All reported to WinMx in the last week.

So you can see we are STILL actively thrashing the beast, though its not my PRIME server at the moment.

Beta5 where are you?

Snark...
Snarkridden is offline   Reply With Quote