Thread: Falluja
View Single Post
Old 12-11-04, 04:46 PM   #4
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

letter from Fallujah:
Quote:
I just have come back from Fallujah. I volunteered for that mission and let me tell you, that I think i will be a pacifist fopr the rest of my life. The carnage and destruction that just builds on itself is staggering. It's a like a free-for-all for everyone. Buildings gutted and trees splintered. Sharp sounds of gunfire rapping like some loud morse code. The assaults themselves feel very organized however, and almost seems like an unfair match as the enemy is always retreating and firing.

Hah. The enemy, who is the enemy? The enemy is just other people. Mostly is people who are seeing their way of life destroyed and have no one left to live for, no job left to work at, no family to protect. They are always young men and when captured talk as if all hope has left them, as if life itself was so meaningless that they choose to play the Russian Roulette that fighting against the Marines really is.
well, they were supposed to be dancing in the streets, greeting us as liberators - didn't they get the memo? i swear, sometimes i think these people just don't listen to anything Dick Cheney says.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote