View Single Post
Old 29-01-07, 08:28 AM   #12
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
It's fair to the extent that it will apply everywhere, but people support the minimum wage law precisely because it unfairly redistributes wealth to people who haven't earned it.

Like you pointed out, Drak, this issue isn't about fairness, it's about making the new Speaker of the House look bad. Considering that dozens of news outlets have covered this story I'd say that it's having the desired effect.
I don't understand how you could think the minimum wage worker hasn't earned a bit of a raise. This country was built on the backs of common minimum wage workers while corporate fat cats get rich milking them for all they're worth. I think the wealth has been unfairly distributed for a long time and this mistake is just now starting to be rectified.
P2P Consortium
vernarial is offline   Reply With Quote