View Single Post
Old 16-01-07, 10:17 AM   #10
JackSpratts

just keep in mind that american samoa has been decoupled from mainland wage laws throughout the entire history of a republican dominated house and senate and presidency. that this goes all the way back to when the navy ran the place and that any if any "anger" directed at democrats is to be taken seriously it must also be directed at any republicans still serving for allowing this "terrible situation" to continue for so long.

i don't have an opinion on the merits of extending identical wage laws to that little island community of 57,000 people, but i can recognise a snadbag when i see one and as mazer points out i'm not alone in that regard. if naked hypocrisy is the only game the republicans can play they can rightly expect to hemmorrage even more seats in the next election.

if this wage situation really is so terrible then some credit must go to democrats for immediately fixing it in thier first week in office (where the republicans let it go for twelve years), even if their reasons were less than selfless.

twenty-one senate republican seats will be open in '08, compared with 12 in the democrat's aisle.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote