Thread: Connecticut
View Single Post
Old 15-08-06, 08:54 PM   #40
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

So you're saying that because Republicans are making Democrats look like moderates by comparison that means the Democrats are actually becoming moderates? I can believe that the fence riders are starting to lean left, but that doesn't mean that the Dems will lean right to meet them in the middle. The core constituency of both parties are perfectly matched, so in this election year the Dems will make populist campaign promises to win the moderates. But after they increase their seats in Congress, possibly taking contol, you won't see them pandering to the middle anymore.

I look at both parties and I see politicians among both of them doing what they do best, acting selfish and playing games. You look at both parties and you think one of them is better or less evil than the other. It isn't; they're both equally bad and the current system sucks. That's my ideology. The reason I can't make a distiction between Democrats and Republicans is becasue there is no distincion. In the end I vote Republican, not because I have any delusions that they actually care what I think, but because the occasional tax cut is part of their political strategy, and it's the only benefit I recieve from the games they play on Capitol Hill.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote