Thread: Connecticut
View Single Post
Old 15-08-06, 08:33 AM   #38
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

You're asking me to tell you what you believe so you can tell me that I have no clue what your personal beliefs really are. knife, you don't need to trap me to persuade me that I may be wrong. But what I can tell about you, without naming specific political issues, is that you honestly believe that the slim majority of voters who chose Bush the last time around are either stupid or evil. And now that some of those voters have gradually begun to question their choices, you wish in your heart of hearts that the presidential election were being held now rather than two years ago. I'm telling you that sharing the popular opinion is not what makes one a moderate; the fact that the majority of Americans are curently moderate is only coincidence. Give us a couple more decades of the one-issue politics we're witnessing now and extremists on both sides will become the majority. It is your predictability that betrays your left-wing beliefs, knife. On every issue that comes up in this forum we all know before ever reading your posts what position you're going to take because you always take the progressive or the Democratic position. Take that as a compliment if you like, be proud that you're not a moderate. But don't try to tell me that when the majority of Americans move left of center that it means Democrats are becoming moderate. It only means that more Americans are becoming more extreme in their political views, and that doesn't bode well for this country.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote