Thread: Connecticut
View Single Post
Old 15-08-06, 04:51 AM   #37
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer
However, I can't concieve how Connecticut's nominaiton of Lamont could possibly be considered moderation on the part of Democrats there.
it's quite simple: Lieberman went right - not just on Iraq, but on the Terry Schiavo case and the Alito nomination. therefore, Lamont's positions became more attractive to the Democratic moderates.
Quote:
The promotion of stem cell research and the banning of ID curriculua in public schools are examples of popular opinions, but you ought to understand that many people still consider those policies to be extreme measures.
sure - "many people" on the extreme right. but the ID issue was particularly telling because that issue was decided directly by the voters. that's moderate popular opinion, as held by the majority of voters.
Quote:
Don't pretend to be a moderate just because in the past year a majority of Americans have begun to agree with your opposition to the war. The war isn't the only issue people care about, and you're still far left of the majority of Americans on most issues.
let's indulge your inevitably personal finale here: you're on - what is my "far left" position on which issues?
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote