View Single Post
Old 25-09-03, 03:05 PM   #5
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Default Re: The 'New' Era...

Quote:
Originally posted by tambourine-man
Heh heh. Not quite history. I can remember when dance raves used to do a similar thing - only with cassettes! God knows how they managed it - they must have had 100's of tape recorders! As I remember though, the people selling them weren't linked with the raves (or maybe they were???) - it was always some random bloke selling them...

These tapes were CRAP. Fuzzy, distorted... and if you were lucky to actually get one that was a recording of the event you'd just attended (as opposed to some other ham-fisted compilation of home-made rubbish), the majority of the noise WAS the crowd!

I think I still have one somewhere...
*rummages through junk collection*
actually, now that you mention it....i still have tapes that a dj used to make for me in my favorite club early in the 80's. i don't recall whether it was business or he was just doing me a favor (after all, it was 20 years ago), but at the time (this was in the New Wave days), it was stuff that you would never hear anywhere else. i converted them all to cd several years ago...they remain the soundtrack to my formative years
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote