View Single Post
Old 24-09-03, 09:40 AM   #3
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

Big Wheeling Grin The 'New' Era...

Quote:
Originally posted by theknife
"It's a great idea. It's unbelievable," he said. "It's a piece of history."
Heh heh. Not quite history. I can remember when dance raves used to do a similar thing - only with cassettes! God knows how they managed it - they must have had 100's of tape recorders! As I remember though, the people selling them weren't linked with the raves (or maybe they were???) - it was always some random bloke selling them...

Quote:
Originally posted by theknife
"The quality is great,'' he said in a telephone interview from his home Wednesday. "You can't really hear the audience that much ... The vocals (on the CD) are a little weaker than what I heard in the room, but for a live CD, it sounds great."
These tapes were CRAP. Fuzzy, distorted... and if you were lucky to actually get one that was a recording of the event you'd just attended (as opposed to some other ham-fisted compilation of home-made rubbish), the majority of the noise WAS the crowd!

I think I still have one somewhere...
*rummages through junk collection*

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote