View Single Post
Old 17-04-01, 12:54 PM   #91
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by HellBound
This is an article i found a long time ago and I liked it so much i bookmarked it.

What Could Happen

HellBound

Good Article, but it is full of holes..."Whatever happens, the legal decisions surrounding Napster are important for reasons that transcend the music business and extend to our basic concepts of what it means to be free in a democracy. "

What democracy??? There is no Democracy.

"As a computer scientist, I see only too clearly that no matter how much money litigants spend in attempts to stop file sharing, the practice will go on anyway. As a citizen, I fear the threat to democracy implicit in my thought experiment, particularly because I suspect people might allow this threat to come to fruition before they understand the circumstances and long-term effects. The sane solution is not to waste all our energies fighting pointless battles in court but to seek out creative means of compensating musicians— and the technicians and businesspeople who make it possible for them to create their songs. "

Again there is no threat to Democracy because there is no democracy....and I agree with the rest....

Last edited by Sinner : 17-04-01 at 12:55 PM.
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote