View Single Post
Old 17-04-01, 12:43 PM   #89
Maze
Rebel With A Cause

Default I would be a little nervous about that...

TankGirl:

concerning your last post on page 4

I can really understand where you're coming from on your ideas in that post, but would just be a little hesitant and cautious. I wouldn't want to see a repeat of what happened on the Napster board when Speak Out was created for similar reasons.

Talk about Sociology here ...part of the charm of the old Software forum at Napster from February to say July-August of last year was that it was populated with just the right blend of the more serious, informative, educational (in lots of areas - general computer knowledge - the audio wizards - philosophy - life) combined with the silly, zany, humorus, fun ...the appropriate balance mind you. It encouraged the more silly among us to occasionally put forth more reflective thought, and the more serious minded to occasionally lighten up a little. It also provided great entertainment value to see someone like rhallar respond to some ludicrous idiot or Some1 squash some moron with his sheer intellectual superiority.

What you suggest causes a division. We might as well have one forum labled "Grown-Ups" the other one "Kids". Should there be further divisions after that? I started to get funny with some obvious stereotypes there but I won't.

Napster Software Forum (especially February - May 2000) was just perfect ...not too silly. This forum is having a bit of a problem right now with often being a little too silly (you know, sometimes) ...and sometimes so sacchrine coated one does need an insuline shot before taking the trip ...which is why someone like CZAR just loves to come in and shake things up. I don't mean anything derrogatory by that at all ...nothing wrong with showing lottsa love & affection ...it's the same thing the filmmakers of the movie classic "The Sound of Music" were very cautious of the entire time they were making it ...not to be "too sacchrine" (their words) for fear of driving the audience away in droves. Obviously, they succeded.

Pardon me, I almost entirely left the subject there, but anyway this forum has the potential to do some interesting things and be as exciting as Napster in it's heyday when it all of a sudden became so famous last year, because at this point we're dealing with much more than just Napster. We're really moving more into the enire peer to peer file sharing technology and all that it entails. Much more your field TankGirl. Perhaps we should be called the Peer to Peer ...the peepeeites? lol

The Test Forum certainly seems to serve a valid purpose, but I often think walktalker's informative & helpful newslink posts are underappreciated over there by themselves in Napsterites News and wonder if he shouldn't put them in the main forum as well. Technical Archives ? ...I don't even know what that one is lol.

I would just be cautious of social division is all ...perhaps the idea could work well ...but then again ...perhaps not. I don't think we're quite the same thing as other forums where they have seperate forums for different things. This division just unsettles me is all.

edit: hehe ...looks like I'm a little late

Last edited by Maze : 17-04-01 at 12:45 PM.
Maze is offline   Reply With Quote