View Single Post
Old 07-09-02, 06:52 AM   #27
kento
Apprentice Napsterite

Lightbulb

thanks TG for clarity once again on WPN and darn you, SA_Dave you have now "prolonged my gestation period (the amount of time its gonna take me to actually have all these good ideas "sink in" and be fully understandable) by another 15 days...lol

okay now one more thing...(i'm a "plain talker" so here it is)

Quote:
Perhaps it would be best to have some sort of alternate identity or alias, but then how would this be "pooled" with any others that actually accrue "community credits"?
this left a bad taste in my mouth somehow because it reminded me of RATIO ftp sites and i friggin hate ratio FTP sites....and it would appear that I/you/me/we have been discussing turning a "globally anonymyous peer 2 peer FTP client" into just that:

nothing more than a "glorified" RATIO p2p client?

please someone say it isn't so...if no one else is experienced with ftp RATIO sites i will explain the horrors of them and how they have failed miserable for me and the times i have "lost credits" for files shared...if it happens so easily on these "ratio ftp sites" just imagine the utter failure it will experience in DECENTRALISED p2p without enforcements for "fair play"

at this point...i think it might be wise to rethink the concept and get away from "rewards and merits" otherwise you will have what is experienced with the WinMX client now which is:

Too much control like "too many cookes...spoiling the pot"[/b] when you have a client that allows EACH INDIVIDUAL to set their own perceived limits to bandwidth/queuing etcetera based on their MORAL ideals nothing inevitably ends of being shared due to the inconsistency and DISCRETION of the individual user.

Does anyone agree that winmx's only merit is its ability to connect to the OpenNap servers and nothing else?

I put this idea about before you now:

we don't need another WinMx -"Tina Turns Me On"

(aka "we don't need another hero" -Tina Turner)

kento
kento is offline   Reply With Quote