View Single Post
Old 18-07-02, 07:56 AM   #45
JackSpratts

i'm with you aweshucks! the reaction to this bump over the past few days has been fascinating. it's proving again how much a part of a board's self-identity the archive is. we have a pretty good idea where we are today but there's nothing like running the clock backwards to see how we got here. tg is right of course in that our numbers at present might have trouble supporting a monolithically topical and aggressively moderated forum, but that shouldn't stop anyone from proposing ideas. the time may not be that far into the future for something new. i’ve become increasingly concerned that technology alone isn't winning this fight against censorship and tryrany so i'm looking at new platforms to explore. perhaps Internet Communications, Politics and Law for instance, with regular guests from the EFF and other similar organizations, ties to groups in washington and LA and weekly public interviews in chat. it’s just an idea for now. it's a lot of dedication and work and it will probably require several people to handle the heavy lifting but the more i see these days the more i feel has to be done. but whatever happens this board will continue to evolve in ways we foresee and in other ways as well. like any living thing it grows and watching it, and helping it, is rewarding and fun.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote