View Single Post
Old 04-12-03, 04:55 AM   #12
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

Default Re: Re: Did you see this reported anywhere?

Quote:
Originally posted by RDixon
That's quite a statement.
Any documentation to back up that claim?
I couldn't seem to find anything refering to any "hush money" in the link you provided. I didn't read it all so maybe you can point it out to me?
I think the author was being metaphorical with his word's "hush money". I believe he was referring to the Sept. 11 Victim Compensation Fund, "which aids family members of the people who died in the terrorist attacks. Payments to the families of victims have ranged from $250,000 to $6.6 million, with the average award being $1.6 million. Read more...

I doubt that this woman is the puritanical, truth-finding beacon of light that she's presented to be - I'm sure she'll gain in some manner. The interesting question will be whether, as Mazer said, the case gets to court. The point being that there are a number of accusations being made - some of them extreme (with the burdon on the plaintiff to prove guilt) - some of them less extreme (where prima facie evidence would put the burdon on the accused to prove innocence - not withstanding the 'innocent untill proven guilty' principle).
Quote:
Originally posted by Mazer
But the twist this time around is that the President made the evil plot.
As far as 'conspiracy theories' go (as I mentioned before), this one wisely stops short of suggesting that the Administration engineered or designed the attacks. Merely, that they knew of the existence of the attack, had prior warnings, but chose to allow/ignore them for political and personal gain. Either way, if just one of the accusations is upheld - well, I can't even imagine the firestorm.

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote