View Single Post
Old 11-05-02, 11:14 AM   #17
spstn
No Nonsense Nonsense

Default I'm back...

Hi there...

Thank you all for such a heartwarming welcome.
My apology to BuzzB2K because in taking the liberty to edit the original posting to fit the issue at hand here, I left out another interesting piece of advice:

" I added .mp3.vbs to the blocklist of the search filter - seems it does also some job - get 0 results if i search for "mp3 vbs"

indication for .mp3.vbs is, that
· title=xyz.mp3 (because its not rcognised as audio)
· artist=unknown
· size small (11k, 9k)
· downloadtime 0.0

good and simple thing (as mentioned on old morph and elsewhere."

I would advice, also, to include as many implementations of this as fyle types you download. I've seen and even downloaded pictures and video files with double file extension like that.

Coming back to the vbs issue and any other threat to the system, including massive crashes and viri infestation, I've been using a piece of software that ensures total impunity to virtually destroy your system and get away with it. The name is GoBack, a much, and I mean MUCH powerful version of system restore. In the rare occasion of a page fault or whatever causes a BSOD I go back 5 minutes and IT never happened.
Caveat: The software has proven to be infalible to me, however requires a disciplined use of the way you produce work tha's written to your hard disk (read: everything). So if someone want to try it I have several pointers that could be useful to not learn the hard way like I did. In that case let me know and I'll post wherever is appropriate to do so.

For the record: The ignoring of Sharman in my postings was intentional infliction of "cruel and unusual punishment"

So I dixit.
spstn is offline   Reply With Quote