View Single Post
Old 14-12-01, 09:20 PM   #8
Jader
iniquitous

Arrow

Could be a number of things:

1) You have numerous Start items. These include the icons in the System Tray (lower right corner) which you can disable usually by right-clicking and disabling them from that menu or by going into the specific program manually and disabling it from there. Most of these you'll never need except for things like the Volume Control, your Dial-Up shortcut, etc. Some programs have to use the Tray when they are running; this is normal. Just get rid of what you don't need. Also, check your Start -> Programs -> StartUp folder for anything you don't need and just delete them.

2) I wonder if the tech guy installed the RAM correctly? The modules should go from largest to smallest, from banks 0-x; x=number of banks. But since you have 384 now, I'm assuming you have 0, 1, 2 with 128 in each.

3) Try this: Click Start, then Run. In the text box, type system.ini and hit Enter. This will open your system.ini file in text form with Notepad. Scroll down until you see the line [vcache] . If you can't find it, just enter it on its own line and beneath it, type the following... should look like this:

[vcache]
MinFileCache=0
MaxFileCache=32768

Then Save the changes and you'll naturally have to reboot for them to take effect.

4) Umm forgot what else... but I love how your monitor says "Low Radiation". I guess it's better than having one that says High Radiation...
Jader is offline   Reply With Quote