View Single Post
Old 01-09-06, 05:43 PM   #8
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonix
Would you bet your life on a presumed certainty that Iran could never detonate a nuclear weapon in the U.S.? You are free to bet your own life, but you are not free to bet mine.

Playing political football with an issue (obviously) this dire is colossally irresponsible.

Bottom line is that the U.S. will not permit a radical country like Iran to acquire nuclear weapons.
what makes iran any worse of a bet than pakistan (the country that harbors Ben Laden, with only the heartbeat of Prez Perez standing between the fundamentalists and the nukes), north korea, or china? for that matter, what defines iran as a radical country? i hope it's not because the same guys that sold you iraq are telling you so. and beyond that, exactly what do you think is in the US's power to do about it?

edit: and as for political football, the ruling party in this country has already announced thier intention to make this issue the reason they should be kept in power - if one was cynical, one could suspect that they actually need this issue to do so. political football, indeed.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote