View Single Post
Old 29-04-02, 07:30 AM   #22
colinmacc

Default Gosh..

Harby, (scythe)

Fascinating reading, I liked the kazaadebug.log tip, that makes for interesting viewing, and it also works for grokster-based clients, including iMorpheus. Strangely similar results too...

Not sure what you're talking about regarding that zipped up dat file you posted, is that not just a KMD version 1.51 installer that got automatically downloaded, it doesn't appear to contain any personal information.

(TIP: Don't allow the client to automatically download updates without your say-so!)

One thing the log file showed me in detail was this "recommendations" nonsense that Kazaa is so proud of. I still can't work out how all these crappy song titles (which are nothing to do with what I've been searching for, are sharing, or are even interested in) appear on my C: drive in gr_colin.current and gr_colin.previous (db folder), or what I'm supposed to do with them, they don't crop up in the Recommendations lists of Kazaa Lite, it's all a bit odd..

Anyway, my preferred client at the moment is iMorpheus, because being based on Grokster, it doesn't contain them..
colinmacc is offline   Reply With Quote