View Single Post
Old 06-02-07, 11:29 PM   #11
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernarial View Post
I posted it at Crapolarex quite awhile ago, and got a limited response. So I thought I'd try again here. I was talking about what type of government we currently have.
In that case I think we have a republic that thinks it's ruled by the mob, a mob that thinks it's ruled by the corporate world, corporations that think they're ruled by labor unions, labor unions that think they're ruled by bureaucracy, a bureaucracy that thinks it is ruled by secrecy, secret societies that think they're ruled by tradition, traditions that actually are ruled by pop culture, a culture that's ruled by intellectual property law, IP laws that are ruled by international treaty, treaties (being the second highest law of the land) are ruled by the Constitution, the Constitution is ruled by the Supreme Court, and the Supreme Court is ruled by the republic. The president probably fits in there somewhere, too. It's a big ball of red tape with no room left for science or religion which means it's a complicated mess for no good reason.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote