View Single Post
Old 17-03-02, 02:31 AM   #9
Mowzer
'

What The? hmmm....

[rant]

What if the RIAA made a virus that hit movies and music?

Now there is a scary thought. I wouldn't put it pass those bastards.

I was gonna write up a little quick one that did that (But in a non destructive manner) and made it look like it was RIAA sanctioned.

I figured it would give them some akward press, and add a new worm to the mass pile that are already out there.

However that would be illegal. I only keep my stuff out of the wild, it would also end up being bad for the anti RIAA scene.

Oh well, I am surprised the RIAA hasnt been doing back handed things like that or hacking users PC's.

Sadly I think its all getting a bit like a boiler room for them though, as now movies are becoming just as popular of a download as mp3s. I excpect em to crack one day, and start doing messy things.

The first move is when they finally use the fancy scanner software they empoloy to start shutting down users isp accounts or reporting them.

Allot of other seemingly straight companies and groups seem to tend to fall to using bad apples when the pressure gets to be too much.

I am anti RIAA, as from allot of what I read, I dont think they are too go for the music artisits either. Some independent artist friends i know feel the same.

I think people need to start supporting allot of smaller companies out there that are developing new technologies and media techniques for independent artists, so as we keep moving into the future more viable mediums for indy artists come about.

To many new ideas are swallowed up by the big guns, like Microsoft for instance, there in bed with the riaa, they are also planing to break into the juke box business world wide through an off shoot of thier corona music technologies.

Corona is a new project m$ has been working on. I see that as muscling in on the open source icecast market.

geez

[/rant]
Mowzer is offline   Reply With Quote