View Single Post
Old 12-05-06, 01:37 PM   #37
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

I wouldn't go so far as equating a general disillusionment with the government with a specific disillusionment with Repbulicans. It's not a monarchy or a dictatorship, there will be alternatives to the current majority up for vote in November. But people don't seem to like Deomcrats much either, and that's why I call it general disillusionment. See if you can point out one public figure that everyone, both liberal and conservative, can support, and good luck doing so. The problem isn't Republicans or Deomcrats, the problem is Republicans and Democrats. They won't work together, they simply refuse. It doesn't matter which side wins the majority this year, the result will be the same. The animosity among our elected officials is tangible and I think it's clear that neither side represents us anymore. So when you, JackSpratts, tout "conservative america's disillusionment with a president and congress they voted for and believed in," I wonder how you can be so pleased to report such news. The Deomcrats will certainly take as much advantage of this situation as they can, but I will damn them for celebrating these unhappy circumstances while I damn the Republicans for causing them, or in this instance, for allowing the media to create such a negative perception of them.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote