Thread: open nap
View Single Post
Old 22-06-03, 07:22 AM   #2
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Thumbs up Re: open nap

Quote:
Originally posted by Bright Eyes
The majority of listed servers never allow me to connect [ie 'access denied', 'connection refused']; some of them say they require registration, but don't say how to do this. Can anyone say how this is done, and any idea how to access the other servers?
To register to a server, right-click a server in your server list (under WinMX's Networks section) and select Edit from the popup menu. In the dialog that opens, check the option 'Register user name on next login using the following email address'. For security reasons, use a disposable or a fake e-mail address. Next time you connect to the server, WinMX tries to register your nick to that server.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bright Eyes
Also, a few insist that I am not sharing any files [or only a few of the many I have], when in reality I am sharing lots. Any ideas why they can't see my file list [when other servers can see it], and how to make it visible? Any idea how to contact those who run these servers?
Sometimes sharing too much causes problems on OpenNap servers with minimum share limits. It takes time for a large file list to be fed to the server, and should the server check your shares too quickly it will wrongly assume that you are sharing nothing or very little (whereas the opposite is true). In these cases, try logging in with a smaller shared library. Once in, you can add more stuff to your library if you wish.

(The above instructions apply to WinMX 3.31)

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote