View Single Post
Old 24-06-02, 09:56 AM   #3
twinspan
- a rascal -

Location: for security reasons, never the same as the President's
Mad Re: Re: Steps to take NOW to avoid problems with filesharing!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Scyth
The thing is, when you're using a university's bandwidth, those aren't really your computer resources, they're the university's. Given that the choice is normally either don't upload or don't file-share at all, I'm perfectly happy to let university users leech.
err... how do you spot the difference between a university leech and a garden-variety leech?

and why is it alright for them to use the university's and MY bandwidth to get a file from me but not to return the favour? why should they have one of my upload slots when a filesharer could be getting something from me that other users will then be able to get from them?

if the uni wants to ban filesharing involving their pipes, their business. if they encourage people to take files from me, use up my bandwidth, take up my upload slots that sharers could be using, and not contribute anything back, then it becomes my business and I don't give a f#ck if they're a university, a hospital or the frickin' Kingdom of Heaven here on earth. They're leeching scum.

</rant>

Respectfully,

Mark Weaver,
Director of Enforcement
MediaForce, Inc.
(212) 925-9997
twinspan is offline   Reply With Quote