View Single Post
Old 20-11-04, 09:49 AM   #40
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorio
Okay, back to the topic. Do you honestly believe there would be any law under which Russia would be prosecuted if it chose to nuke Chechnia? The U.N. can't do anything because Russia is a permanent member of the security council.
International human rights laws are already in existance so Russia's veto wouldn't matter and it's the people committing the crimes that are prosecuted not a whole country. Slobodan Milosevic has found out about international laws, why haven't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorio
If I choose which truth to believe, it is not a lie. I can build my own little reality just by choosing which sources are trustworthy and which are not. In this reality, everything that I say is true and everything that you say is a lie. The only question is, whether my little reality is plausible enough to convince enough others. It's sort of an Orwellian scenario but by choosing whose stories to believe, people can change what is commonly accepted as the truth.
The truth can't contradict itself. You can claim lies are true but your credibility drops each time you go on record and soon you'll be ignored as just another slimeball.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote