View Single Post
Old 28-07-08, 12:11 PM   #1
Šiego
Alpha Stoner

Default Crazy prediction: McCain isn't running for president

I don't mind being called crazy and so I'm just going to throw this out there: what if McCain isn't actually planning on running for president?

He's being too direct in his attacks against Obama, diverging from public opinion too much, and is way behind the trend on current events.

I think he's there to try and do as much damage against Obama as he can, while disappointing, and yet sucking up to, the GOP base as much as possible, so that he can drop out and have (Romney?) take over and 'revitalize' the GOP campaign and set a new agenda; basically resetting the GOP campaign on a fresh start.

He'll take sick or the like and have to drop out, which will give him, and thus the GOP, a 'sympathy' vote; to the delight of the GOP base which is disillusioned by his chances.

I know it's a nuts idea, and you're free to call me paranoid if you like, and I'll hardly disagree on this one, but he's doing so poorly that I can't see it as anything but as being on purpose and that he's a straw-man candidate, or if you prefer a different metaphor, a lightening rod candidate.

And on that note: he's had a 'growth' removed form his face today. The other side from where he had cancer in 2000..

It would be interesting to know what the rules are on his war chest should he drop out.

Š

There's only one way off so you might as well enjoy the ride..

Naphoria - P2P Portal www.naphoria.com/chat

Napsterites mIRC v2 | Napsterites Chat
Šiego is offline   Reply With Quote