Thread: Gas Prices
View Single Post
Old 19-04-06, 03:41 PM   #18
pisser
Guv

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
Why don't you change your username to "whiner"?

The CEO of Chevron is just laughing at the whining crybaby bawling his head off everytime gasoline prices go up. The stockholders are enjoying the bulk of the profits.
I don't usually post shit like this, but here it is from Bill O'Reily:

You are being gouged by the American oil companies. Gas supplies, gas supplies are at an eight-year high. Gas prices have doubled since 2004. Even if you don't know anything about economics, this one's pretty obvious. "Talking Points" has been saying for more than a year, U.S. oil companies are exploiting uncertainty in the world by raising prices they don't have to raise. The companies are making record profits while American workers are getting hurt. Every time the commodities speculators bid up a barrel of oil, the price of a barrel of oil, every time they bid it up, you pay more at the pump. It has nothing to do with supply and demand. It's all about exploiting fears about Iran, terrorism, what might happen down the road. President Bush knows what's going on, but doesn't like to interfere with big business. He did, however, say this today.

BUSH: I'm concerned about higher gasoline prices. I'm concerned what it means to the working families and small businesses. And I'm also mindful that the government has the responsibility to make sure that we watch very carefully and to investigate possible price gouging and we'll do just that.

O'REILLY: As you know, there are Americans who believe that private companies have a right to do whatever they want, no matter what. But remember, the oil industry operates with the cooperation of the government. It's not a free market. Try to start your own oil company, see what happens. The announcement that ExxonMobil will pay its retired CEO Lee Raymond a $400 million package was really the kicker. That obscene payout will be passed along to us. ExxonMobil has insulted its customers once again. Does ExxonMobil remember the French revolution? There is a limit to what the public will accept even in a capitalistic society. When regular folks get hurt to pay some fat cat $400 million, the line has been crossed. So I am never, ever buying a drop of oil from ExxonMobil again. They have crossed that line. They are hurting the country. I know some of you disagree with me and I respect your opinion, but I stand by my analysis, we are being gouged. Oil company greed is hurting the nation.

So when you say I'm a whiner, you must really mean the vast majority of Americans also.

Look, you want to keep getting fucked in the ass by the government and oil companies, go right ahead, I'm sure it feels real good for ya, not for me though....Hey, it's NOT a free market, bitch.

Fukin Homo....
pisser is offline   Reply With Quote