Thread: 343
View Single Post
Old 04-02-04, 09:13 AM   #18
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

Quote:
Originally posted by scooobiedooobie
uhm...condescending tm? strange that you didn't find jack initially using the term "bizzare bush apologists" condescending.
I wasn't suggesting your accusation of "single-minded bush-hating terror apologists" was condescending. If you'll notice, I believe there was a question mark after the word 'condescending' (actually, there's three, none of them were rhetorical and you still managed to miss them). The question I was asking was whether you considered my intentionally patronising point, of using commas between your adjectives, as 'condescending' (in reference to one of your recent posts - keep up sweetheart ).

Incidentally though, I don't find your "single-minded bush-hating terror apologists" comment condescending. I find it convenient. See the above post's links regarding the use of the term 'anti-americanism' as a sloppy way of disregarding enquiry. The difference between being a "bizzare bush apologist" and defending Bush's stance and actions to the hilt is relatively slight. In contrast, the difference between being a "single-minded bush-hating terror apologist" and merely critisizing Bush is huge. Difficult to accept, I know... but try your best and you might get an 'A' for effort.

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote