Thread: Earth Station 5
View Single Post
Old 18-03-03, 03:58 AM   #9
multi
Thanks for being with arse

to any that may be going to trial the beta...
seems there is no capability to resume files....yet...yes resume! it looks like
theres no dowloading from multiple sources either...
and these things appears to be secondary considerations ......
the dating and adult entertainment seem to be more important....
tried 3 betas 0.95,0.96 and now on 0.97...

some very slight improvements...
but no resume...
to me thats essential......
and imo should of been perfected b4 the beta release

on a more positive note....
confused writes:
How EXACTLY does this whole system work ?? I'm bewildered by these "planets" giving me insane download speeds .. I mean I'm downloading a full length movie at 400k stable !! How is that possible !! Is everybody else getting these extreme speeds ??

response:

What happens is that ESV searches the 'planets' and it reveals the ques. Now if between now and your next search, someone has clicked on to a specific file, that file will not be revealed when you search for it again until the person has finished downloading it.

One of the problems that Kazaa and other P2P programs have is that they reveal programs that their users have, but are not available. Thus you get the SEARCHING FOR MORE RESOURCES that waist your bandwith and resources cause it keeps searching and generally never finds anything.

At ESV, we dont waist your time on that kinda fraud. Were not interested in being a show off to produce how many files that are on our network to say 'hey we got billions of files', rather our program checks every individual planets ability to share (according to files, bandwith, and resources) so that when you see a file available, you actually can download it without being told that 'its there but ya cant have it'.

My private collection includes more than a tera cause I personally am a P2P freik. One of our Indian Programmers (from India) has over 2.5 tera but he wont share until ESV launches because he doesnt want to tie up his resources and bandwith cause he needs them to program and operate.

When ESV launches, we intend to have between 10-20 million users (we are going to take all the users of KAZAA, Emule, Edonkey, etc) cause as you have noticed, our system is the fastest and we provide many other services for FREE - like SEX for free. We will kill the pay for sex sites simply because we are giving everything away for free.

Kazaa and many other P2P programs started off and continue to make the illusion that they have so many files available, but its only an illusion. At ESV, what you SEE is what you can GET!

Any SEARCH on any P2P is kinda like a file that speeds at 250kb. It is extremely fast. Basically it takes up a lot of resources. ESV could have the program search ALL planets and ALL SUNS, but then it would take probably a long time while it loops around the world in the search and basically uses your bandwith, processor, and resources to do so.

So what did we do? ESV has SUNS and the SUN has planets surrounding them. Every Planet (regular user) sends a file to the SUN telling it what files it has, how much bandwith available and a little about the planets computer processor. The Sun receives many files like this so when another planet looks for a file it can find it from its local SUN. ESV is in the midst of improving itself and YES, SUNS communicate with other SUNS.

The SUN is supposed to be in your local area so that you can get your file fast.

Now not everybody qualifies to be a SUN. To be a SUN, you must have over 5,000 files. In addition, you must have at least DSL or Cable internet feed. Also, ESV is designed to make sure that your processor can handle it.

ESV is designed to find on each search que about 200 files. Your SUN may have thousands of files that fit your request (perhaps your looking for GUNS & ROSES), but its a BIG waist of YOUR BANDWITH if you search a SUNS entire system. It should only give you about 200 files.

Have you ever done a SEARCH on your WINDOWS machine where it searches all of your drives? The search takes some time. This is similar, only FILEHOOVER has designed a very fast and effective system so that you get your searches very fast.

Now sometimes you are going to have to search again when you dont find exactly what you are looking for. In the VERY near future when there are millions using ESV at any given time, you wont have any problem in finding anything.

The EXAMPLE of a rare file that is being downloaded and therefore you cant download it basically is a classic example of your computer waisting bandwith and resources and therefore slowing down other downloads cause its blocked on SEARCHING FOR MORE RESOURCES. Basically your computer keeps looping and looping in the search. Again the SEARCH has fast speeds that take up lots of bandwith.

So the expense on the overall chargecard proves not worth it. Two people can download the same file providing that the downloader who is sharing the file has enough bandwith and resources to share to two people. In most cases, he does. He can share many files at the same time.

If you cant find something on the SEARCH, try again. Again, ESV just opened its doors to the public this week. Millions will use ESV because of the many options including the ability to HIDE YOUR IP.

When ESV officially launches, I promise you there wont be a file that you cant find, both brand new and rare.

For now, ENJOY THE SPEED!

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard

Last edited by multi : 18-03-03 at 07:02 AM.
multi is offline   Reply With Quote