View Single Post
Old 10-04-02, 01:42 AM   #6
JackSpratts

i found this file under windows | temp - it' called "WebPoolFileFile". i tried adding .bak but it it was in use, so i did it in safe mode. as soon as i rebooted in normal mode it readded itself. i've no idea what it is but i think it may have something to do with what's going on, tho obviously there's another program calling the shots.

unfortunately it's gotten beyond grokster now. i could stop using it but this stuff would still be here. if i can't pull it out (and i don't even know what to look for) i'm going to have to do a full restore. course i'll lose 30 gigs of data - it's an excercise in futiliity saving the files if you don't which one's corrupt. but there's absolutely no way i'm living with this junk. well at least i was planning a restore anyway for an upgrade to xp.

needless to say, if i have to do this then the present fastrack system will never find it's way back to my pc unless it hacks it's way in.

let's hope it doesn't come to that. but the way things are going you never know.

this whole system of unbalanced dependence on ad-aware for my entire pc experience leaves me way too vulnerable for my taste. eventually a day arrives when ad-aware won't cut it, like today for me, and then you've dropped off the deep end. the process needs rethinking. it's too unstable to expect people to take seriously.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote