View Single Post
Old 17-08-07, 04:38 PM   #20
vernarial
The Fungus Among Us

Oh shit. What did I get myself into.

Yes, I am making class distinctions. It is just my commie indoctinated opinion that it all boils down to those that do the grunt work. So, Sinner, you could say that WW2 pulled America out of the depression, but I prefer to see WW2 and an unfortunate event that the american worker(some turned military) was able to handle even after they had suffered through most of the great depression.
I think we are just splitting hairs here. Governments and politicians pass acts and make descisions high up on the hill. What I wanna know is who does the actual work. Now I'm not trying to say that running a country is an easy job. I just believe that the average worker is more important to the sucess of a nation in almost every endeavor. So you say the MIC(military industrial complex) carried us out of the depression and through the world war and the cold war after that. I say the American worker. Thats why I was trying to make a distinction between business and people. Of course there is a sort of sybiotic relationship there, but I think the worker would survive without business, but the business would not survive without the worker.

All right. No need to fret. Now that I've thrown this thread way off topic, let's get back to the ruling elite fascists. Take it away, Albed.

Oh yeah, Sinner. I got the 80% from the wiki on the great depression, but I may have mispoken. There were times during the depression that the number was less than 80%. I was reading the Wiki on the Recession of 1937, and that was where I got that figure. They actually said unemployment "jumped from 14.3% in 1937 to 19.0% in 1938". I rounded up to 20% to get my 80% figure of employment.

P2P Consortium

Last edited by vernarial : 17-08-07 at 04:46 PM. Reason: forgot something
vernarial is offline   Reply With Quote