View Single Post
Old 17-08-07, 10:04 AM   #17
Sinner
--------------------

Please find me a link showing 80% of Americans still were working during the depression. I think you are master of the obvious here. No shit corporations and businesses need workers, and get this, workers need people willing to take the risk of starting businesses so they have jobs. They do go hand and hand don’t they???????

Bottom line, it was WWII, which got North America out of the depression. Why? Because after Pearl Harbor America went into “Total War” Millions of men enlisted into the Military which created jobs at home. There was a labor shortage in the USA and most of jobs were filled by women, blacks, and students. Did you know there was no cars built in the USA from 1942 until 1945? You know why? Because the assembly lines were building airplanes, tanks, ships, etc for the war. The United States built over 100 carriers of all types during the war, and over 100,000 aircraft. People were investing money into War Bonds, people had money, and the depression was over. The savings gave America a boom until the 80’s. That was when the USA went from the world’s largest creditor to the largest debtor. The United States emerged form the war as the supreme world power. In 1945, it possessed the largest navy in the world, a huge, technically advanced army, and enough money to bankroll the world's rebuilding through the Marshall Plan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Plan

So Vern, Did WWII pull America out of the depression? Could the Military industrial complex exist without businesses and business owners?

Last edited by Sinner : 17-08-07 at 10:59 AM.
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote