View Single Post
Old 07-08-05, 06:20 AM   #19
MissingLink
The one that just cannot be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
I never said carrying a gun is a 'good thing'. I think the 'good thing' in your case would be getting rid of the 'sick minds running around'. How can you feel safe in your house when they can buy gasoline without any government restrictions? How can you feel safe walking down a sidewalk when they can yank the steering wheel of their car and end your life?
How the hell can you feel safe when airplanes are flying overhead, how can you feel safe while trains filled with nuclear waste or toxic chemicals are being driven through your state? How on earth CAN a gun protect you from an idiot that will yank the steering wheel of his car? Are you going vigilante on him? Are you going to shoot him? Provided you have your gun neatly tucked away under your armpit in the first place?
I can feel safe because I don’t think that my number has come up all the time, I can feel safe because I don’t have to look over my shoulder to see if some one sneaks up on me with a gun!

Of course I would like to see those sick minds of the street as much as you do but it isn’t up to me to do that. That is up to the legal system however flawed it may be.
Besides that every society has its fair share of idiots. No amount of guns in your house will prevent that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
Freedom to me is the 'good thing'. If you think your personal circumstances require owning a gun you'd be able to. But when a government treats all it's citizens as potential criminals it's an insult and an injustice.
Ah I see, that must be the reason why cops in America walkup to a car he/she just pulled over with his/her hand on his/her gun! Clearly a representative of the government and clearly he/she doesn’t think you are a criminal.
You see albed over here when a cop pulls me over he gets out of his car with his hands stretched out in order to shake mine, a true insult and serious injustice I must say.