View Single Post
Old 06-08-05, 05:37 PM   #13
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingLink
I just don't see why carrying a gun is a good thing.
There's a lot of hate in this world and sure... maybe I would feel safer. But it's too easy to pull the trigger and end a human life. Think about it...
I could be killed by now because some idiot got his/her hands on a gun. There are a lot of sick minds running around, when these people can get this kind of power this easily, they would use it too. Even when they get caught and are convicted, you still lost someone close to you, or leaving your family behind.

So please tell me again why this is a good thing...
I never said carrying a gun is a 'good thing'. I think the 'good thing' in your case would be getting rid of the 'sick minds running around'. How can you feel safe in your house when they can buy gasoline without any government restrictions? How can you feel safe walking down a sidewalk when they can yank the steering wheel of their car and end your life?

Freedom to me is the 'good thing'. If you think your personal circumstances require owning a gun you'd be able to. But when a government treats all it's citizens as potential criminals it's an insult and an injustice.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote