View Single Post
Old 06-08-05, 04:58 PM   #12
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy boy
Oh yeah that's right i have never been confronted with crime ... lemme see ... in my old job i had treats on life about each and every day ... some jerk tried to rob me from my wallet early in the morning in a park by knife point
So how did that turn out? Did you give him a warm compassionate hug? Or did you start thinking the world would be a better place if he were dead?

Quote:
some jerk broke into my house
Quote:
i still don't lock the doors at night
Something isn't quite right in your head dude; unless the door or window is your most valuable possession.

Quote:
and still i am happy and don't own a gun.
And you can be just as happy owning a gun. The difference is freedom.

Quote:
I just don't think that every illegal act has to be met with capital punishment,
Who does?

Quote:
But even you Albed have to agree with me that capital punishment doesn't work.
No I don't.
Quote:
Are all the death rows in America empty? how much crime was prevented because the state could fry your ass? If i am allowed to have a guess from my side of the pond, pretty much NONE!!!
If your only concern is preventing crime then no post facto action is going to work. You'll have to take freedom away from a society. Some people don't like that.

Quote:
Some truth in there just al little to black and white. Yes my Gov. does reneders me unarmed on the other hand not every assholes who is willing to steal place empty walks in at night carrying a piece nor does every asshole who tries to rob me in the park will put a gun in my face.
See, there are two sides on a medal
Yes there is. You seem concerned with not having a gun involved in your robbery while I'd rather there be no robbery at all.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote