View Single Post
Old 06-08-05, 03:39 AM   #9
legion
I took both pills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
Silly alright. Once some scumbag rapes your daughter or beats you half to death for your wallet, maybe you'll start distinguishing between lives you should value and lives you should eliminate for the good of humanity.
Oh yeah that's right i have never been confronted with crime ... lemme see ... in my old job i had treats on life about each and every day ... some jerk tried to rob me from my wallet early in the morning in a park by knife point ... some jerk broke into my house ... i got beat up once or twice (admitted i was drunk and pretty much asking for it.)

still i am here, i am not afraid to go outside and have fun, i still don't lock the doors at night and i am not mentally damaged (well not by crime anyways ) and still i am happy and don't own a gun.
I just don't think that every illegal act has to be met with capital punishment, not even rape. Maybe women beg to differ?

But even you Albed have to agree with me that capital punishment doesn't work. Are all the death rows in America empty? how much crime was prevented because the state could fry your ass? If i am allowed to have a guess from my side of the pond, pretty much NONE!!!

Quote:
But when your government disarms you and renders you helpless it really doesn't matter what you value. You just have to hope that your life is valued. Good luck.
Some truth in there just al little to black and white. Yes my Gov. does reneders me unarmed on the other hand not every assholes who is willing to steal place empty walks in at night carrying a piece nor does every asshole who tries to rob me in the park will put a gun in my face.
See, there are two sides on a medal