Thread: Lyrics .com
View Single Post
Old 26-12-03, 11:34 AM   #13
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Just CSN (77, no Y) Mr. Knife, sir. And I've got it if you need a last resort. Coincidentally, old CSN (and Y) cds have been my latest prey on ebay since I realized with horror recently that you (at least I) can't find new retail versions of even these great classic albums anywhere, (such as CSN 69, Deja Vu or CSN 77).

I also have a weird story about that song. Back in the Days Of Vinyl, my friend Natalie and I were obsessed with Cathedral and its kind of spooky (if vague) reincarnational allusions, and we were sitting around listening to it one evening with the lights low when the needle on my turntable broke, right after finishing playing the song. Evidently the the cartridge got a crossed wire or something and as it skidded to the center of the album thudding and crackling, it begin to somehow freakishly pick up a radio signal. ...At least that's how we explained it to ourselves after the goosebumps faded... because a tinny version of Winchester Cathedral (the old weird little song sung through a megaphone... "Winchester Cathedral, you're bringin' me down") became recognizable through the rattle and hum. When I finally picked up the needle it stopped and we tried to reproduce the effect but couldn't.

The synchronicity seemed so improbable that I even got goosebumps retelling the story, and I still get a slightly eerie feeling every time I hear Winchester Cathedral.
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote