View Single Post
Old 27-04-02, 08:20 AM   #18
butterfly_kisses
Napsterite

Post How 2 Debug KaZaA by Scyth and Harbynger

Hello all. It was clear to me that my example above may not have too clear and quite possibly could have left some of you in the dark about what is being done.

I hope to remedy that now by posting this tutorial below (which will be in quotes) This way each of you (who run Windows 98 can follow along with me and or "us" and reproduce the results of our experiments for yourselves)

Quote:
Proper usage is to right-click on an empty area in the same folder as Kazaa.exe then select New>text document and name it kazaadebug.log (if using regular notepad [don't use wordpad or word] make sure you save it as "all files" with the log extension.)

then open and MsDos Prompt (while still running windows just goto start>run>msdos prompt

then type this in

c:\progra~1\kazaa\kazaa.exe R

make sure that you type it in exactly as shown and press enter.

This will start the loggin process for any error messages generated by the kazaa application.

Next step is to start KaZaA and just let it run....you may run this test for as long as you want...I usually only do it for a few minutes but it probably would not hurt to leave it running much longer.

When you are done. Close KaZaA by clicking File>Disconnect then
going down to the taskbar (area with the clock) and right-clicking on the KaZaA icon (picture representing a program) and select Close.

To stop the loggin with the debug command just type "quit" (without the quotes and press enter)

hope this helps

****PLEASE NOTE*****
[that for me I could only get this debug trick to work on my desktop...for some reason when I tried issuing the command Debug c:\Progra~1\KaZaA\kazaa.exe R nothing would show up in the kazaadebug.log located in the same directory (program files\kazaa)[/i] Why does this only work when you have the kazaa executable and the kazaadebug.log on your desktop and running them? I don't know]

-Harbynger
p.s. Scyth can you give me a rundown of your system? what are your specs?

Thanks,

Harby
butterfly_kisses is offline   Reply With Quote