View Single Post
Old 26-04-02, 07:14 PM   #13
butterfly_kisses
Napsterite

Scyth, your findings make me very happy. It looks like you may indeed have what it takes (knowledge and skill) to solve some of these mysteries for me...

lol

how's this for the deal? I keep supplying the questions/theories/speculation and you do the research and provide the answers?

(yeah...works for me...hehe)

but seriously thank-you for taking some time to experiment with this..your findings are valuable..

[personal opinion]I feel that there are a lot of talented individuals out there that can contribute to this project if for no other reason than its fun for them to figure out how this works. I believe in my heart that there are many programmers/coders etcetera with varying degrees of talents and or skills or just plain ordinary maybe extraordinary talented and gifted people who may each possess some small piece that if we share our bits and pieces will eventually create a whole picture for this puzzle[/personal opinion]

re: ethen

Thanks for the support? ....I can only hope

yeah Ethen it is I your old friend/nemisis but I think I have grown up a little since we last met...

[desperate plea for help]Ethen i still would like to know about your research in skinning KaZaA (pronounced Kahz-Sah)

Tell me were you able to do any more with it then the current version by Yuri called KaZaAlite?

What I'm wondering is this: the traffic menu looked basically like a bunch of squares and rectangles....were you able to do anything special with it? more non-linear like introduce some curves and better look/design or feel to it.

I see no need to flame you. I hope you feel similiarly. Water under the bridge.[/desperate plea for help]

Moving on with one other question....did you just use the resource hacker program or do you have other means that I don't know about?

(let's leave personal stuff out of this please. thanks)

That's about all I can think of for now...Except I remember a program called Skins4all or something like that which no longer works now.

I still wanna skin "my KaZaA" anybody know how and willing to show/teach me...it would be appreciated...

Oh before I forget...Scyth you mentioned (in another post) that if the Bde projector were to be a requirement of the KaZaA executable to run that it would be "no problem" to edit it out as object oriented programming is (hope i quote you correctly) quite easy to do?

Well currently now only the cydoor or the call for the cydoor is made mandatory by the kazaa executable...do you think you could fix this for me?

Would you be willing to do away with the part of the program that calls for the cd_clint.dll file in the first place so that even a dummy executable or dll would not be necessary?

If you would take this project on or attempt it...I would be most happy and so would the potential millions and billions of KaZanites out there who are looking for alternatives...

The reason i ask you this is because in the KaZaA version 1.4 that i have in my possession (there have been dummies put out by Sharman over the fasttrack network to try and eliminate what is to them a threat)

Okay why is 1.4 a threat...well Niklas/Janus and Edwin wanted to ensure that the network would continue despite a shutdown byt he courst system so this was a last ditch effort to keep KaZaA alive...

why else would sharman release a client 1.34 with an older version number? They don't want to admit or draw attention to the fact that there is a client out out there...The KaZaA 1.4 that is capable of sustaining and independent Fasttrack network (that is if the programmers tried to lock it out of the current network somehow which currently they cannot)

The only thing I get is a message asking to upgrade but if you select "NO" to this message it will still connect to current network of 1.4 million + users : )

Now then if object oriented programming is your forte...why not help us out here and eliminate the mechanism that causes it to ask if you want to upgrade?

Do you think you could also determine what it is that decides that the client is too old to connect to the network? maybe use softice to setup some breakpoints on certain calls?

and or use filemon/regmon to determine these....

This is all so very interesting to me...and I know its a lot to ask its also probably and impossible task but I thought I'd ask anyway...

you never know around here.

Cheers and some of these all around,

Harby

butterfly_kisses is offline   Reply With Quote