View Single Post
Old 30-05-02, 08:06 PM   #15
spstn
No Nonsense Nonsense

Mad

Using Bellsouth ADSL here, no up/down restrictions (almost four months w/o disconnections !), & with a good conn on the other side I can get up to 1 Mb every 10 secs. I have the option of Charter Cable also, but considering $/Mbits, Ma Bell is a hands down winner.

How much I download I feel a little bit ashamed to say, but to give you an idea, I left kazaadebug log running by omission (posted in another thread here) for 10 days & it got up to 300+ MB, 8000+ entries !. But that's not the "shameful" part, because I downloaded 5-10 times that much from AG. So, in a nutshell, if I'm lucky I'm going to filesharing Purgatory, if not, is gonna be Hell all the way (lol & rofl) !!!.

I also agree with Js & theknife that's getting difficult to find what to download & not doing it just for the sake of it. I miss a site or a search engine that could tell me who is sharing what & when, & I mean GLOBAL indexed (filesharing Yellow Pages ?) info & not isolated packets of servers here & there.
I'd be willing to post what I have available (ie: LOTS of difficult to find music), what program I'd be using, & hours I'd be up online. This way the filesharing traffic would re-direct itself making life easier for everyone involved.

Yep, I know, dream on...
spstn is offline   Reply With Quote